About the Organizer
Clinical Trials Centre, The University of Hong Kong
The University of Hong Kong Clinical Trials Centre (HKU-CTC) is an academic clinical research organization established under The University of Hong Kong (HKU) in 1998 and has been authorized as the central platform for management and coordination of clinical studies under HKU and its affiliated teaching hospital – Queen Mary Hospital (QMH).
HKU-CTC is devoted to partnering with clinical investigators, research organizations and the healthcare industry in advancing human healthcare by promoting, attracting and facilitating clinical studies of various natures, such as:
- investigator-initiated and industry-sponsored clinical studies;
- interventional and non-interventional clinical studies;
- clinical studies on various medicinal products including small-molecule chemical drugs, biopharmaceuticals, medical devices,diagnostics, traditional/proprietary Chinese medicines, herbal medicines and health supplements;
- phase 1 to 4 clinical trials; and
- clinical studies on clinical procedures and methods.
Over the years, HKU-CTC has developed into a leading, full-service professional organization offering one-stop clinical research solutions including:
- business and project intelligence (such as strategic research consultation and study feasibility assessment);
- site management services (such as study site project management, research ethics affairs, study site budget and payment management, study site contract management and legal affairs, clinical research coordinator support, biological specimen management, study drug management, and study site document archiving);
- phase1, early phase and clinical pharmacology trial management (such as recruitment of study participants, study planning, management and operations, and pharmacokinetic analysis);
- contract research services (such as study protocol development, regulatory affairs, project management, study monitoring, data management, medical statistics, and medical writing and publication); and
- professional training (such as on-site training, on-line learning, and examinations).
Since its establishment, HKU-CTC has already facilitated over 800 sponsored clinical studies and 100 investigator-initiated clinical studies in collaboration with more than 180 sponsors around the world and some 100 clinical investigators of HKU, QMH and other hospitals and clinics in Hong Kong.
For more information about HKU-CTC, please also visit HKU-CTC's website at www.hkuctc.com.